WD40: Who Knew?
I work at a doggie daycare and step in dog poop all the time. So do my co-workers. We wanted to share our favorite way to clean our shoes with you ... it's WD40! Even if the poop you step in manages to work itself into the sole design on your shoe, WD40 can clean it out.
Here's what we do to clean our shoes:
- 1. Someone steps in dog poop. Oh no!
- 2. Swear a few times under your breath.
- 3. Hop on one foot over to the sink area. Continued swearing optional.
- 4. Take poop-covered shoe off. Pray that you don't step in more poop with your sock.
- 5. Use a paper towel to remove most of the poop from the bottom of your shoe.
- 6. Spray WD40 on the area of the shoe's sole that has poop on it.
- 7. Wait a few seconds. You can swear if you want.
- 8. With an old toothbrush, scrub the poop-covered area of your shoe.
- 9. Either wipe with another paper towel or rinse carefully under water from a utility sink.
- 10. Chances are that your shoe will be super clean! If it is not, then repeat the process.
I guarantee that this method will work as good or better than the method you have now to clean off the bottoms of your shoes. Even if you step in poop while wearing really good shoes, this method restores the shoe to its original state.
Best wishes, Poopreporters!
Editor's Note: I have tried this method before, and indeed it does work well! I don't know why we never discussed this before.